Cottage Grove Speedway
WEEK OF SPEED FEATURING ISCS SPRINTS & DWARF CARS RETURNS AUGUST 15-20!!
What could be better to follow up one successful speedweek? How about another one!!
The Week of Speed kicks off in just 2 short weeks and will once again feature Limited Sprints along with Dwarf Cars for 6 nights at 4 tracks.
Monday, August 15th - Coos Bay Speedway
Tuesday, August 16th & Wednesday, August 17th - Cottage Grove Speedway
Thursday, August 18th - Sunset Speedway
Friday, August 19th & Saturday, August 20th - Grays Harbor Raceway!
For more information on the Dwarf Car portion please contact either the Southern Oregon or NW clubs. For more information on the Sprints contact Heather at Cottage Grove at 541-729-8666. Rules & Payout for Sprints are posted below!
There will also be a Travis Rutz Hard Charger $100 award each night for Sprints courtesy of Alan Colley!
Fuel & Tires will be available at Coos Bay, Cottage Grove, and Grays Harbor Raceway. There will not be any at Sunset so please plan accordingly :)
Stay tuned for more info and if you plan to run let us know!!
ISCS RULES – 2022
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN THEN YOU CAN’T!
TECH OFFICIAL HAS FINAL SAY IN ALL DECISIONS!!
Mandatory Safety Equipment
A) Snell SA2010 minimum helmet
B) SFI Fire suit at least 2 layers thick
C) Fire resistant gloves
D) Fire retardant racing shoes
E) Arm restraints or full containment seat
F) Right side head net OR Full Containment Seat
G) Driveline hoop or restraint (no open driveline). Must utilize a .065 steel hoop welded or bolted to the chassis. Rear cross member must be constructed to .083
H) High back (stock car style) seat
I) Padded knee guard
J) All cars to be equipped with fuel bladders
K) 3” 5 point seat belts installed in accordance to manufacturers suggested installation
L) Must use beadlock on right rear at all times
M) Drag link must be tethered to the frame
Suggested Safety Equipment
A) Rock screens with a minimum .090 thickness
B) Head rest with padding
C) SFI flame retardant underwear, head sock, and foot socks
D) Left window net
E) Helmet restraint
F) Neck Collar
G) Steel tie rod and drag link with steel heims
H) Drivers seat fuel/fume deflector
I) 2014 Driveline restrain
J) Fire Suppression System
K) 2019 World of Outlaw Mandated Safety Bars
L) Drag Link be attached to the frame with chrome molly ends and steel heims, hardened washer or flanged head bolts highly recommended
All cars with a 2-3/16” restrictor must weigh a minimum of 1575 pounds with driver at post-race inspection. All cars with a crate motor (crate motor must be clearly marked on the car) or a 1-1/2” restrictor must weigh a minimum of 1475 pounds with driver at post-race inspection. Weight added for ballast must be mounted between the frame rails and the axles. Random weigh ins will be at the discretion of the tech official and/or race director. If at any time you are told to scale you must do so immediately following the race, going to your pit stall first will result in disqualification. Scales will be available for pre-race weighing.
If you fail to make the minimum weight requirement after being rolled across the scales twice you will be scored last for that event.
- Sprint type chassis allowed. All roll cages must be made of 1-1/2x.095 wall 4130 chromemoly tubing, securely welded. Maximum width of cage at the top is 27”I.D. The following measurements are minimums. Only areas indicated will be subject to technical inspections. Suggested material 4130 normalized.
A) Top rails: 1-1/2x.095
B) Bottom rails: 1-3/8x.095 or 1-1/2x.083
C) Roll cage uprights: 1-3/8x.083
D) Roll cage top cross members: 1-1/2x.095
E) Upper rails: 1-3/8x.083
F) Rear end safety bar: 1x.038
G) Brace: 1-14x.065
H) Steel torque tube safety bar: 1x.065
- Roll bar cage must be 2” higher than the drivers head and be padded subject to the race director’s approval.
- Hoods are required. Maximum of a 1” lip on turn outs and body panels.
- Tech approved belly pans or floorboards. Throttle pedal must have toe strap and return springs on linkage and at injectors or carburetor.
- All cars will have a sprint style fuel tank with bladder securely mounted (not by bladder cover plates) and must be able to contain 24 gallons of fuel. No plastic fuel lines or fittings. Tank must be vented in a manner that it will not leak if upset. No alteration or modification to fuel cell. Must be one piece construction of cross link polyethylene plastic. No carbon fiber fuel tanks.
- Suspension optional, no cockpit adjustable and have one working shock per wheel. Adjustable shocks allowed. No gas shocks, Steering system types are optional and need to be approved by race director.
- Wheel base minimum of 83” with a maximum of 90”. Tread minimum of 48” wide, center to center. Wheel and tread width optional; single tire and wheel only.
8)All cars must have a number in a contrasting color. Top wing number mandatory and must be at least 16” high.
9)Foot operated, hydraulic brakes required. Front wheel brakes optional. Steel, aluminum, or titanium rotors only.
- Wheel must be approved for racing.
- Front, rear, and side nerf bars, made of a minimum of 1x.065 stainless or 4130 normalized material, required at the beginning of the race program. Cars must have rear nerfs securely attached to finish a race. Front and side nerfs lost due to damage during the racing event is acceptable. All nerfs and bumpers will be attached with a minimum of 3/16” steel alloy fasteners. No pop rivets. Subject to race director’s approval.
- Lettered Mandatory, on/off toggle or push/pull switches
- No mirrors
- No 2 way radios
15)Body panels must have a side opening of 12” minimum at any point and 21” minimum front to rear at any point. Max of 1” lip on turn outs and body panels
- 360 cubic inch (maximum) standard steel blocks only. #4 heads Dart iron eagle part #10120010, 64cc comb chamber and 180cc intake runner. OEM GM cast iron heads allowed. Straight plug only. 202 1.6 valves maximum. Minimum 64cc comb chamber. No Vortech heads. No angle milling. No polishing. No porting.
- American or Canadian Chevrolet engines only.
- No more than 360 cubic inches
- After market crank allowed.
- Injectors that are individual stack pre-cylinder design shall not exceed 2-3/16” inside diameter. If downsized stacks are used or a restrictor is used, there must be at least 3” of restriction to 2-3/16” I.D. Throttle Body 4 1-11/16 Butterfly only Single may not exceed 3-3/4
- No electronic fuel pumps.
- No turbocharges or superchargers allowed
- Flat tappet or hydraulic cams only. No roller cams or roller lifters allowed.
- Flat top pistons only
- Type of oil pan optional. Dry sump systems allowed
- Methanol or racing gas only. No nitrous oxide or nitro.
- No titanium engine parts. Except valve spring retainers
- Mufflers must meet 95dba or less at 100 feet. No excpetions!!
- OEM Chevy block or Dart block allowed
Wing Specifications Top Wing
- Center Foil maximum size of 25 square feet with a maximum width of 60 inches with a one degree plus or minus tolerance.
- Center Foil shall be fully sheathed in aluminum. Vent holes are strictly prohibited.
- No wicker bills or Gurney lips permitted on Center Foil, unless center foil is totally flat then a two-inch wickerbill is allowed.
- Other than the slider mechanism, no moving parts allowed on or in foil structure.
- The 12-inch section located at the rear of the Center Foil must not have the belly/curl arc out of proportion with the rest of the Center Foil. The belly/curl arc must span the entire length of the Center Foil and appear to be a gradual arc with the deepest point no further back than 48 inches from the leading edge. As measured on a 12-inch straight edge, the belly at 6 inches from the rear of the Foil may not be deeper than ½ inch. There is zero tolerance on this ½ inch
depth. It is suggested that the wing blue print specify 15/32-inch depth, so that if any deflection or movement of the wing occurs, the depth will not exceed the ½ inch specification. (This ½ inch measurement ensures that the belly/curl arc is gradual.)
- The belly/curl arc must start at the radius of the Center Foil’s leading edge and shall not exceed a depth of 2½ inches. Center Foil thickness cannot exceed 9 inches. Center Foil top surface from side to side must remain flat. Center Foil must be one-piece construction. No split or bi-wings will be permitted. Wings must be fabricated of metal alloys only. No fiberglass, carbon fiber or other similar material may be used in the basic framework of the wings. Top wing must not extend beyond outside of rear tires.
- Two stationary foils or rudders will be allowed to run the entire length of the underneath portion of the top wing. Maximum height proportions are 1 inch at the front and 3 inches at the rear. Nowhere shall the foil exceed 3 inches in height. The top wing can be cockpit/driver adjustable.
- Wing T-Post will be built from 1” X .083” minimum ASTM4130 normalized steel or equivalent material. Wing attachment designs will be subject to approval. The only cast pieces approved will be HRP Part #HRP8811-A75HD. If new T-Post designs are developed they must be submitted for approval. Some approved T-Post designs are in the drawings section (See illustration below). Front Wing: (see Illustration below) 1. Center Foil maximum size of 6 square feet with a maximum width of 36 inches with a one degree plus or minus tolerance.
- Center Foil shall be fully sheathed in aluminum. No vent holes allowed.
- Wicker bills up to 1-inch are allowed on nose wing, flat or dished.
- Maximum distance from the Center Foil front edge to the front edge of the front axle may not exceed 20 inches.
- The Center Foil front edge must remain at least 1 inch behind the front edge of the front bumper. Center Foil top surface from side to side must remain flat.
- Center Foil must be one piece. No split or bi-wings will be allowed.
- Wings must be fabricated of metal alloys only. No fiberglass, carbon fiber or other similar material may be used in the basic framework of the wings.
- The Front Wing must not extend beyond outside of front tires. The Front Wing may not be cockpit or driver adjustable while the car is stationary or in motion.
- No moving parts allowed on or in foil structure.
- The 5” section located at the rear of the front foil must not have a bell/curl arc that is out of proportion with the rest of the front foil. As measured on a 5-inch straight edge, the belly at 2 ½ inches from the rear of the foil may not be deeper than 3/8 inch. There is zero tolerance on this 3/8-inch depth. It is suggested that the wing blue print specify 11/32inch depth, so that if any deflection or movement of the wing occurs, the depth will not exceed the 3/8-inch specification (This 3/8 inch measurement ensures that the belly/curl arc is gradual).
- The belly/curl arc must span the entire length of the front foil and appear to be a gradual arc with the deepest point, no further back than 12 inches from the leading edge. The belly/curl arc must start at the front foil’s leading edge and shall not exceed a depth of 2 inches. Top foil thickness cannot exceed 3.6 inches.
- No rudders or fins on Front Wings.
- Mandatory: Must be 95 decibels or below at 100 feet or YOU WILL NOT RACE!!
- Mandatory: Mufflers- Spin Tech or Flowmaster, Loback 24” inner core note, Spin Tech or Flowmaster must be the big muffler no small Spin Tech or Flowmaster’s allowed. Part #1545, Schoenfeld part #14272735-78
- No Supertraps
IF YOUR MUFFLER COMES OFF YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY BE SENT OFF THE TRACK
TIRE RULE WILL BE OPEN DUE TO THE CONTINUED SHORTAGE
1 Bleeder of your choice in wheel only – No axle mounted bleeders of any kind
ALL CARS MUST BE LESS THAN 95DBA AT 100’
Tech official will have the final decision on any rule in question. It is the policy of ISCS that any car in violation of the above rules will be disqualified and penalized with a loss of points and payout and may be fined at the discretion of the tech official. A one race grace period may be allowed at the discretion of the tech official. A grace period will not apply to tires and/or weight.
Please note that due to the different rule package than ran for weekly shows at CG these races will be non-points.
Submitted By: Heather Boyce